OPTION 1 (The Preferred Choice)
STEP 1: CLICK HERE
your family profile and to pick your open call location in advance.STEP 2: CLICK HERE
attend an OPEN CALL.
Please bring the following with you to the open call of your choice:
1. All family members planning to compete must be at least eighteen years old and should be home cooks and related in some way. Examples of families of three or more: A COMBINATION OF SIBLINGS, PARENTS, MARRIED/ENGAGED COUPLES, GRANDPARENTS, AUNTS/UNCLES, IN-LAWS, EXES, COUSINS, ETC. - ANY AND ALL FAMILY DYNAMICS WELCOME (all related in some way)!WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE ALL FAMILY MEMBERS TO ATTEND AN OPEN CALL, HOWEVER IF SOMEBODY IS UNAVAILABLE, PLEASE BRING A PICTURE OF THAT PERSON.
2. Your signature dish
to impress us!
(Check out the FAQ's HERE
for more information on what to kind of plate to bring.)
IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT TO AN OPEN CALL AT ALL, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO SEND IN YOUR MATERIALS.
Submit a VIDEO
(via the pre-registration form).
You only need to do this if you and your family of three or more CANNOT ATTEND AN OPEN CALL.STEP 2: CLICK HERE
to fill out the PRE-REGISTRATION
form and submit a video online.DEADLINE:
Completed applications and video submissions must be received by August 17, 2018,
to be considered, BUT REMEMBER THE SOONER THE BETTER!*APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
• Each family member applying must be at least 18 years old by October 1st, 2018.
• Each family member must be a legal resident of the United
• No family member may have, in the past seven (7) years, worked in a full-time position as a cook, chef, or baker, nor currently derive their main income from preparing/cooking food in a professional environment (including, but not limited to, restaurants, hotels, catering companies, etc.)
• Each family member may not have been convicted of a felony.
• Each family member may not be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become one for at least one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the last episode of the program in which the family members appear, if selected as participants for the program.
• Each family member may not have appeared on another reality program within the last twelve (12) months.
• Each family member, and each of their respective immediate family members (spouse, ex-spouse, parents, stepparents, siblings, stepsiblings, children, stepchildren) or members of their household(s) (whether related or not) may not currently be or have been, within the past one (1) year, an employee, officer or director of: Lock and Key Productions (including its designees, licensees, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, successors and/or assigns); (b) the ABC Television Network owned by American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. (“ABC”), or any television station owned or operated by ABC; or any of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related entities; (c) any person or entity involved in the development, production or distribution or other exploitation of the program or any variation thereof; (d) any known major sponsor of the program or its advertising agency; or (e) any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the program (if and as applicable).
Producer has the sole discretion to make determinations of contestant eligibility, which are binding and final in all respects, and Producer reserves the right to change any of the eligibility requirements at any time.
In addition, you acknowledge and agree that Producer has the sole discretion at any time to render ineligible and disqualify any person who, in Producer’s sole discretion, is sufficiently acquainted with the development, production, administration, judging, exhibition or other exploitation of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
*We reserve the right to extend the application deadline at our sole discretion.
Please note these audition instructions are subject to change as determined by the producers. All those considered for this program will be required to submit and sign additional documents (which may include, without limitation, a participant agreement, waiver, and program rules) in order to be considered to participate in the series. If there is any conflict between the information on this website and the foregoing documents, the foregoing documents shall control.